- Of eight children born to Reverend and Mrs. Dwight Leon Bell, Livingston, Alabama
- To expand ANC Community Centers from one day care center to four day cares in three years in Youngstown, Ohio
- Afro American to become vice president of the Ohio Day Care Association for the state of Ohio.
- To serve as Early Childhood Education Coordinator for Model Cities Day Care Centers.
- Coordinator of United Way funded Day Care Centers in Youngstown, Ohio.
- To set the highest production record at GM Lordstown Metal Center, Lordstown Ohio. As supervisor of five door lines and one line consisting of all women, they set a record that has never been broken.
- Out of approximately five thousand employees at the GM Lordstown Metal Center to be nominated for Leadership Mahoning Valley and graduated in 1999.
- One of the first women to serve on the Trustee Board at Antioch Baptist Church, Youngstown, Ohio.
- To organize a Sunday School Class for preschool children, Health & Safety Ministry and other ministries. To write a grant to have first Summer Camp at Antioch Baptist Church.
- To Speak at Howard University, Washington, D. C. to introduce Women of Excellence, Not Without A Struggle, Inc.
- First woman to receive the Visionary Award from Bowie State University for Community Efforts, Bowie, Maryland.
- To introduce Women Of Excellence, Not Without A Struggle, Inc. in Livingston, Alabama, Sumter County in March 2005.
She and her late husband Oscar Murphy, Jr. have four children - Oscar Murphy III, D'Vorolyn M. Murphy Talley, Sharolyn L. Murphy Doman,Esq., Wendolyn M. Murphy Cousin. Grandmother of six: Jamerel X and Javaughn M. Talley, Docia D. Murphy Johnson and Tiffany R. Murphy, Karolyn M. and Evan T. Cousin. Great grandmother of two: Armani K. Johnson, a great granddaughter and Samir Johnson, a great grandson
BA Degree from Youngstown State University in Religious Studies and Social Studies. Further studies at Stillman College, Tuscaloosa, Alabama in Business and Religious Studies, Geneva College in Beaver Falls, PA, with a focus in Organizational Leadership.
- Over thirty-three certificates in different areas of expertise: Several are stand out certificates that I have done workshops for others after completion. One certificate in grant writing and to date have written several grants that have been funded. Another certificate that stands above the rest is the certificate received for Safety Engineer. Along with partner, helped to reduce the injuries at GM Lordstown Metal by 70% the first year after graduation and continued the decline in injuries that moved the Plant from third from the bottom to be in the top three.
- Other favorites are based on the books: WHO MOVED MY CHEESE, by Dr. Spenser Johnson, THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING by Reverend Norman Vincent Peale and THE SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE, by Stephen R. Covey. These are not included in the over 33. There are many from Bible Studies that I am proud of and thank God daily for His blessings and most of all for the opportunities He allowed me to complete and share with others through workshops.
- Listed in Who's Who among American Colleges and Universities
- Member of the Prestigious Golden Key National Honor Society
- Member of the National Association for Female Executives
- Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Outstanding board member of Associated Neighborhood Centers. Youngstown, Ohio.
- Board member of Pathway Partners in Youngstown, Ohio
- Featured in GM Lordstown Salaried Retirees Club Newsletter, November 2010 Issue.
- Featured in Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Notable North Atlantic Region Newsletter, November 2010 Issue.
- Recognized at Prince Georges Community College, October 18, 2010 for work that is being done to eliminate domestic violence.
- Featured in Youngstown State University Magazine for Alumni and Friends, Spring 2011 Issue.
- Recognized by Epsilon Mu Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority for the work she does toward eliminating domestic violence, March 15, 2014
- Participates with the Stroke Support Survivors at Southern Maryland Hospital.
- Honored June 27, 2015 at the Bell’s Family Reunion for the work she has done enabling her brothers and sisters to relocate from Alabama to Washington, DC and Maryland.
- Nominated for the Athena Award representing GM Lordstown Metal Center, Warren. Ohio, an award given to women who have demonstrated exemplary leadership across professional sectors.
- Safety Manuel
- Monthly Safety Newsletter
- Play-- The Spoiled Brat
- Where Did I Come From? (Based on Genesis 1:1)
- Progress of the Christian Woman In The Church
- Woman Of Excellence Not Without A Struggle
- February, 2014 trained to be a volunteer to work with My Brother’s Keeper for Young Black Men initiated by President Barack Obama.
- March 15, 2014 was honored for the work she has done toward eliminating domestic violence for 16 years in Warren, Ohio sponsored by Epsilon Mu Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority of Youngstown, Ohio
- November 24, 2014 spoke at the University of Maryland, College Park Campus, sponsored by Theta Nu Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., addressing Self Worth, Relationships and Domestic Violence.
Carolyn Bell Murphy,
Founder & CEO
“Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”
As you peruse our web site, you will see that we are more than just another organization for helping women. You will see that we have been more than conquerors. One of our main thrust has been to help the abused woman.